K- I'm mostly posting this as a "word to the wise". The other day I got an e-mail from our "bank" saying that I had an account that was "going to be cancelled due to inactivity". I thought maybe our bank had made a mistake and we had some "empty account" that they opened as a dual when we opened our checking account a whopping 8 years ago now. Well, long story short, I clicked on the link which took me to a site EXACTLY like wells fargo online (which I use at least once a week). I tried to log in. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!! It wouldn't let me log in so I called customer service and they informed me that it was a FALSE e-mail that was designed to access my username and password as well as my pin. NICE HUH????? Well, a whole hour later with Justin on the phone as well, we were able to get new usernames, passwords, and pins. We aren't able to access our bank online for a few days JUST TO BE SAFE! Lesson learned? DON'T CLICK LINKS TO YOUR ACCOUNTS....GO DIRECTLY TO THEIR SITES BY TYPING IN THEIR DOMAIN ADDRESS. This assures that you are on their SECURE site ONLY!!!!!
Our Favorite Solar Outdoor Lighting {Both Fun and Functional!}
-
My favorite outdoor solar lights for a beautiful (and safe) backyard!
These solar lights work just as well as our wired landscape lighting, and
come in som...
2 days ago
8 comments:
That's just a little scary!
that's crazy, I hope y'all stay safe with your identity
GROSS!!! I hate bank stuff like that! We got a TON at Mtn. America! There are scams everywhere it's ridiculous! Hope everything is ok!
That happened to Nash. We bank with Wells Fargo also. He called me from the other room and asked me to bring his debit card. He said that our bank needed to "verify" out account. That was a red flag for me right there. He had typed in our username and password. We had our account information changed immediately. I knew it was a phishing scam because another bank I used to bank with used to have warnings plastered all over their website saying that they will never ask for your account information via e-mail. Glad you got it figured out right away.
Oh man. That sucks. At least you called to "fix" it and then found out. I hate all that crappy email. It is no fun to have to wade through it.
Wow that was a close call! It would have been terrible if you had your identity stolen! I bank with Chase and I've never had anything like that happen. Thanks for the heads up. Now I will know what to look out for!
You have been tagged. Go to my blog for further instruction.
Hi! Scary about the identy thing.
I want to create a blog site and have elected you to help me (or do it for me if you want...jk). Are you willing?
I love reading your and Andrea's blogs. I used to read Annalee's before she passworded it.
Who knows...if all goes well with mine, maybe I can convince Norina to do it.
Post a Comment