Alyssa had to be retested for speech therapy when we moved from Arizona to Utah. She did speech therapy from February until May with an awesome speech therapist at Wildflower School. Well, she came so far with her AZ therapist that she no longer qualifies for speech therapy. I'm excited for her to not have to do anymore therapy and to have made so many improvements in her speech in such a short time, but I'm sad that she can't continue until she is no longer making mistakes. The therapist here felt my pain and gave us a LOT of homework to do and websites to visit. I think Alyssa will do really well with this program just because she enjoyed speech with her teacher in AZ. She really made it fun for her to work on. Wish us luck with home speech therapy!
Our Favorite Solar Outdoor Lighting {Both Fun and Functional!}
-
My favorite outdoor solar lights for a beautiful (and safe) backyard!
These solar lights work just as well as our wired landscape lighting, and
come in som...
2 days ago
5 comments:
She is so adorable! I think you guys will do great! Love the background! :)
What a cutie. what is the website for help on speech therapy? I'd love to look at it.
The good thing about Alyssa, is that she's so expressive WITHOUT even speaking...plus, all she has to do is look at you with those big hazel eyes and you're wrapped around her tiny little finger.
you'll have to give me info on that. I'm going to ask Kylee's doc tomorrow how I can tell when she'd need it and how she'd qualify. She does say some things but some things she says sound weird to me and I want to nip it in the bud. She says daddy & dixie nicely but the word two is a little odd. she picks up tones of things or something. she'll say "here you go" and thank you but it's really fast and in that tone....i dunno how to explain it. :) I'm glad Alyssa has graduated!
Here are the websites:
http://www.quia.com/pages.havefun.html
http://www.speech-language-therapy.com/txresources.html
http://www.speakingofspeech.com/materials_exchange.html
Post a Comment