Thursday, October 15, 2009

Too Fast!

Jayden at 5 months

Alyssa at 6 weeks

Tannon at 1 day old

It's not very often that I pour out my guts in my blog, but lately I have been having feeling a bit sad about how quickly my kiddos have been growing up. It hasn't been easy, but it has been soooo worth it! Am I baby hungry? Honestly, yes, I am just a BIT. Its a bipolar feeling in all reality. One day I want a baby and the next I am extremely glad that we are finished with the sleepless nights, leaking breasts, and other baby stages. There are lots of reasons I feel this way. One is that Tannon is growing up so quickly. He is now talking in full sentences/paragraphs. He wants to help all the time and tells me exactly what he's doing. Two is that Alyssa is constantly talking about babies and how she wants a baby sister. And three is that many friends and relatives have either just had a baby or are pregnant. I truly am happy for them, but I am a bit nostalgic for my new motherhood days. So, yes, its a bit of a roller coaster of emotions but I'm grateful for three healthy, happy kids and I really couldn't ask for much more.

7 comments:

kimber said...

Isn't it weird our babies are 2 and I still think she is my "baby". It sounds like your ready for another:) Come join the club:)

Lexi said...

Somedays I get baby hungry too...but then my "baby" who is almost 8 walks into the room asking for food and I realize how glad I am to be past that stage. You make cute babies, so what ever you guys decided will be perfect for your family. :-)

Jord and Jenn said...

I will gladly lend my future babies to you for the sleepless nights! :)

Lacie said...

I don't think it ever really goes away the feel to have another baby. I go back and fourth all the time. There is just something about babies that make are heart melt to have another one. But then we have men to remind us of the crying and sleepless nights. lol

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

if you have another then that baby will be 2 and you'll want another and another and another. having 10 kids is great but hmmmm! ;) not for me. I hear ya though. Someday we'll have a 2nd....maybe in 5 years. ;) And what's with Talon talking so much? Is it b/c he has older siblings or did all your kids talk this much? Kylee says some words but only if I ask her to say it. The only ones she says on her own all the time is mom, daddy, dixie, baby, doggie, please and thank you. at least she's nice. :)

Elise and Dan said...

It's time for another one! =) Seriously, I think you have to take this up with the lord. I was going back and forth about having another baby, and Dan was undecided as well. Then we both prayed and fasted, and felt that it was right thing for our family to have a 3rd baby. I think we're done having babies, but I also think there will always be a longing for another baby, because the "babies" we have grow up SO fast!

neally82 said...

I totally get this feeling! Colton will be 2 in a few months and it's about that time that makes you start thinking these crazy thoughts. Barry said "no more" after 2 and we were surprised and blessed with Colton MUCH sooner than WE would have planned. :-) Good luck.