Sunday, August 29, 2010

No More Training Wheels!

Alyssa made the gigantic leap to NO MORE TRAINING WHEELS!!! I'm so proud of her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9c1Upl7To8&feature=related

This is the youtube link I followed to teach her. She HATED IT!! But, I pushed her. So when she told me she was ready for her pedals I told her she would NOT get the training wheels put back on. She wasn't too excited, but tried it anyway. I told her as we were starting out to look at a van down the street so that she'd keep her eyes up and ten minutes later, she was riding without my help. She didn't realize that I wasn't helping for quite a while, then it was like she just had a burst of confidence. Now, we can't get her OFF her bike! K- now that the video finally downloaded, it looks really crappy ...but its the only one blogger will allow right now.

2 comments:

Brenton and Andrea said...

Yahoo! Good job Alyssa! I can't believe how fast they grow! I was looking at our wedding pictures yesterday and she was SO tiny! Tanny was only a few weeks old......oh man, where does time go?

Kristie said...

so cute! how bad is it that my kids are 8 and 6 and they don't have a clue how to ride a bike... with or without training wheels. i'm such a bad mom!