Christmas started out all normal and whatnot with the kiddos waking up excited and opening up presents. Which we made them do SLOWLY. (we only did a few gifts before announcing a BIG surprise).
Cue “big surprise” hint presents:
Jayden’s was a Star Wars puzzle, Alyssa’s was a Disney Princess puzzle, and Tannon’s was a Toy Story puzzle. We asked what all three puzzles had in common and they had no idea. We said, “DISNEY! All three are rides/activities at DISNEYLAND!” I think they’re mildly excited. We’ll go middle of January to avoid crowds.
Anyway, onward to the not so typical part of the morning:
I’m cooking, yeah, that’s pretty atypical. I had this bright idea to make an awesome Christmas breakfast consisting of a Christmas casserole and Danish Avelskivers. I know, I’m awesome right? Just keep thinking that…
Random picture of Justin “zoning out”. I think he’s trying to figure out how he’ll pay for Disneyland..
A pretty typical picture of Lulu lovin’ that fluffy cat. Oh, SIDE STORY! I found out that Persian kitty kats are supposed to get bathed every month or so. So, Percy was way overdue for a bath. So, I got crackin’ on that.. I couldn’t believe how well behaved he was. He was kinda ticked off, but nothing too severe! It’s incredible how much hair that little guy has! Especially when I was drying him afterward with a blow dryer. (it took FORRRRREEEEVVVEEERRR) There’s a first time for everything and it was definitely my first time bathing a cat!
Ok, back to Christmas morning:
So, Lulu’s eating my yummy Christmas breakfast and her first loose tooth falls out! Right in the middle of her Avelskivers! I thought she’d cry, but she actually got all excited, especially after she found out she wasn’t bleeding.
Then: Disaster strikes: I was cleaning up after my delicious breakfast when I just happened to notice the sink wasn’t draining (the dishwasher was mid cycle)
Apparently, I had clogged the pipe that connects to the garbage disposal with green onion stems. (the green onion was for my yummy casserole). YUK!! The house smelled like green onion, but the sink looked like this:
UGH!!! Nasty ness! I had to scoop it ALL out and dump it outside. I’ll be calling a repairman tomorrow and in the meantime, washing dishes outside. You think I’d be all irritated about this kink in our perfect morning, but I wasn’t! Life isn’t perfect, so sit back and enjoy the ride. It was nasty, but I was laughing. Only someone that hates to cook can clog a sink on Christmas morning and laugh about it. I’m currently using it as an excuse not to cook again….
Ok, back to Christmas presents. This bad boy is Justy Wusty’s Christmas gift to himself. 65” of pure Toshiba love! We’ve had it up since after Thanksgiving and had enjoyed every minute of its viewing pleasure. And have you noticed the awesomeness of the Christmas pictures? Yup, I got me a new camera! I’m in love!
Merry Christmas from the Allen’s!
1 comments:
nice! great Christmas! I totally love Justin's face and your comment of how he'll pay for Disney. Just do like us, get free tickets, bring your own food, use credit card points for hotel and $173 later, you have yourself a Disney vacay! :)
Post a Comment