I talked my parents into coming down for Thanksgiving. I wanted my mom to teach me how to cook the traditional thanksgiving feast and I was surprised at how easy it really was. I'm not sure I could recreate the meal with the same tastiness, but I learned quite a bit. We had a good time with the family and food. Jeremy came over and ate with us and kept Jayden entertained.
I wish I was more myself lately. I'm not sure what's really up, but I'm a combo of stressed, depressed, moody, and anxious. I hope its just the stress of the last couple weeks. Either way, I really am thankful for a loving, understanding husband that works hard. I'm grateful that he's got a GREAT job in a sluggish economy and that we haven't felt the effects of the slump too much. I'm thankful for three GREAT kiddos that are usually very healthy and happy. They've been so loving lately with lots of hugs and kisses. We've had our scares with each kid during my pregnancies and I'm so glad everything has worked out with a happy healthy baby in the end. I'm thankful that Florida didn't work out. I'm thankful our house HASN'T sold (where would we go that would put us in a good fiancial situation?). I'm thankful for a supportive family that's helped me through many struggles. I'm especially thankful for my close friends who listen to my rants,raves,and difficulties. You're especially important to me because with family far away, how else would I get by? Anyway, like I said...I'm not really myself lately, but I AM thankful for the things the Lord has blessed us with, we truly have been looked out for so much this last year.
Because I can't post without pics...here are some random shots.
Our Favorite Solar Outdoor Lighting {Both Fun and Functional!}
-
My favorite outdoor solar lights for a beautiful (and safe) backyard!
These solar lights work just as well as our wired landscape lighting, and
come in som...
2 days ago
5 comments:
I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. It's great that your mom and dad got to spend it with you! That last picture of Tannon is just the cutest! Don't you love footie pajamas? I just noticed your quote by Alyssa to Tannon on your sidebar about the poopy pants. Hilarious!! Can't stop laughing!
I am glad your Turkey turned out well! Sorry about your slump. Call anytime! I am here. :-)
I hate those hormonal or depressed or whatever kind of mood it's called. It really stinks and good friends and family really helps. We'll have to get together one of these days and do lunch and chit chat! Oh and a movie of course. ;) I bet your meal was yummy. Your mom is a great cook. I've done Thanksgiving on my own in TX for a couple years and it's not all that yummy. I just do a turkey breast in the crock pot. I've never done the whole turkey before, don't wanna try!
Good for you for wanting to learn to make a good Thanksgiving dinner. I'm not at the stage of even wanting to learn yet. I know I need to and that it would be good for me.
Sorry your not feeling yourself, let me know if there's anything you need.
I love that last pic of Tannon the cutie pie. I struggle with being depressed and stressed out too. I think being a mom of young kids is not easy, but posts like this one you did help us remember to be grateful for all we have.
Post a Comment