I woke up this morning to a crisply dressed young man, with his hair spiked and backpack loaded. He was ready for school far before 7am, even though school here doesn't start till 9.
His school is two streets down from where we live and he wants to walk there all by himself sooo bad. I told him I have to walk him to school at least today, otherwise he'd have no lunch money. He said, "ok, as long as you TRY not to embarrass me." Um, when did 7 turn into 17?
Anyway, we located his 2nd grade classroom and the nerves start to show through. He doesn't want me to leave and is fairly certain that this isn't the place for him. After some pep talk by a mom that is already on the brink of tears, he sits down and I leave. Just then, he runs back up to me and says, "bye mom, I love you and I'll miss you today." Aw!
Our Favorite Solar Outdoor Lighting {Both Fun and Functional!}
-
My favorite outdoor solar lights for a beautiful (and safe) backyard!
These solar lights work just as well as our wired landscape lighting, and
come in som...
2 days ago
8 comments:
What a sweetie! I hope you didn't embarrass him too much!
Love it! He looks so handsome!
So sweet! I can't believe he's in 2nd grade!
How cute! I just love that little nephew! You think that's bad, wait till he really is 17! :)
that is so sweet! he looks like a stud! i'd be nervous too, going to a new school must be hard. i hope he makes lots of friends and has a great year!
Oh man, I dread those days. It's so sad to watch your kids grow up, but times like that make all the hard times worth it.
My sister lives in Washington. I don't know what her community is called, but she owns "The Dance Shoppe" there, if you ever decide to put Allissa in dance.
Aw Rochelle, we miss ya so bad already! Mandy and I went and played some basketball the other day at the gym just to shake things up. We got to talking about how much more fun it would have been with YOU there! ...with your buff arms and all! Love Jayden's shirt! No uniforms I see. I wish! Glad it sounds like you're settling in to your new home. Keep the updates on the blog coming!
The Dance Shoppe is right by Cosco, behind Albertsons. The phone # is 313-4021.
Post a Comment