Well, I've learned that my laptop is officially dead. That's right! My hard drive is completely fried. I am grieving! I had my journal and about 8 months of pictures on there that I do NOT have a duplicate copy for. Oh well, I guess lesson learned. When your CD-ROM drive goes out...copy the pics to CD through walmart.com.
At least I have my blog for the pics of this last year.
That's not my only grievance. I'm struggling to adjust to life in a new place. I figured that once we were settled, things would just click. Well, they haven't! I could be here all night listing the things I miss about AZ. Don't get me wrong, St. G is very pretty, has lots of outdoorsy stuff to do, and is very family friendly, but I miss Phoenix so much. I miss the heat! Yes! St. G is LOTS colder! 20-30 degrees colder! (with a wonderful canyon breeze to go along with it) I've purchased us all new winter coats, which is something that I haven't done in 6 years. Also, the scorpion I found in Alyssa's room last week is still totally giving me the heebie jeebies! Never saw a scorpion in AZ...
Anyway, I know its just been a rough year for us. I think its finally hitting me how much I haven't dealt with. Now that the year is coming to a BUSY end, I'm feeling the stress and anxiety boil over the top. Bring on the Xanax and tissues....
Our Favorite Solar Outdoor Lighting {Both Fun and Functional!}
-
My favorite outdoor solar lights for a beautiful (and safe) backyard!
These solar lights work just as well as our wired landscape lighting, and
come in som...
2 days ago
7 comments:
Hang in there my friend! it will get better. loves!
I had never seen a scorpion in AZ until I moved out to Goodyear. In the 1 1/2 years we were there, I probably saw 6 in our house! And I have lived all over AZ (Tucson, Flagstaff, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler).
I'm sorry you are not enjoying it.
Get a cat. They eat scorpions and aren't poisoned. Sorry you're having a rough time. We have centipedes here in ABQ. They are MUCH faster than scorpions.
That SUCKS, sorry to hear!! At leaste you were good at posting a lot of pictures. Is seeing my yellow xterra one of the things that made you homesick for AZ:) That made me smile. I'm glad my car can bring back some memories.
Anything Nikon is a good thing. Just get as may megapixels as you want to afford.
I'm drooling over the D3X which costs about $8000. Do I need it? Not really. BUT I enjoy drooling.
That stinks! We had that happen to our last computer. Christmas gift from santa, right!
wow, you seriously miss AZ? You're so good! I missed not having DST the most when we didn't live here. Oh to be back and not change the clocks, nice. Utah is so cool though so it'll get better. I think scorpions just depend on where ya are. we haven't seen any but we have lots of friends who have. we had them at my mom's house when I was a kid but it was b/c of our old neighbors who left out some type of wood by the side of our house that scorpions like.
Post a Comment