Friday, May 14, 2010

Nearly There

I can't believe its been almost a full year since we left Arizona. I miss it so much everyday. At least I'm starting to not hate Utah as much anymore. This is mostly because we've made friends with two of the most awesome families and they live right on our street. The first family is the Ericsons, and we honestly don't know what we'd do without them. They are my sanity savers when I just wanna break down and cry. Just the other day, Jayden was starting a power struggle over his medication. I just walked him next door. After a nice 3 minute chat with the intimidating patriarch of the family, Jayden took his meds.
The second familiy is the White family. They just moved here from Loveland, CO. and she's just as homesick for her good Colorado friends as I have been for my AZ buddies. We trade babysitting and rely on each other almost like sisters. Just this week she watched all three of my adorably crazy offspring so I could go to Phoenix with Justin on a business trip.
Phoenix was AWESOME!! I could move back in a heartbeat! It was soooo sad to see my house all yukky and foreclosed looking. Its recently been purchased so it was even sadder to see that someone was living in "my" house. However, I'm so glad I got off that street. Its very, um, yeah.... trashy. Anyway, it was a rollercoaster of emotions to go back and see it.
So, my favorite part of being in AZ again was seeing lots of friends and family. I didn't have wheels cuz Justin took the company car, so I was grateful that those who wanted to see me were willing to drive. Lunches and dinners with family and friends was perfect! Thanks everyone!

3 comments:

Lexi said...

Thanks for coming over to visit! I am so glad we had a chance to catch up! Who would've thought you would leave before us? :-)

Richard and Joleen said...

Sounds like you had a good time in Phx. We have been gone 11 months. We get to go back in 7....it is raining here and not stopping today. Makes me miss AZ too!

Annalee said...

i'm glad it's getting better and you have 2 great families next to you! having great neighbors is the best. we miss ours in TX but turns out they are moving to Austin so good thing we moved first! :) Lunch was great, I even had my camera, what kind of blogger am I?!