Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Curlformers





I've been getting a lot of questions about curlformers, so I decided they needed their own post.

First of all, I saw them on babesinhairland.blogspot. So, I researched them through youtube videos, the curlformers website, and other videos I found online. The main thing that attracted me to them was the promise that EVEN hair that normally doesn't hold a curl, will curl with these. I purchased mine at Sally beauty supply. They were $60 for a box of 46 curlers. I only use 25 on lulu's head and on mine I used 29(my hair is so short that I totally looked a little clownlike, but it was a great experiment cuz my hair NEVER curls). It takes about 20 minutes for me to put Alyssa's hair up. Also, if the hair is too long for the curlers, you can put two curlers in end to end. The ends are a rubber stopper like thing, so you just align the rubber ends. This is why I bought the big box- lulu wants to grow her hair out. For Alyssa's curls, she needs gel or mousse in her WET hair and then she needs to wear the curlformers for at least 4 hours(if I blow dry it, which takes FOREVER) so overnight is best. I found out that like ALL curlers, they totally suck to sleep in (unless you can sleep on your forehead). So, I've been putting Alyssa's hair into a pony tail or a half pony tail so that she's got at the side of her face to sleep on. She seems to sleep really well that way and LOVES her hair the next day. We get comments wherever we go!
Here's a youtube video that shows how to put them in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYB8S2pqVCw
I hope that answers some questions! Feel free to ask me some more! I'm very impressed with CURLFORMERS!!!!

1 comments:

Jennifer Foxx said...

I just watched the YouTube video. How cool is that? Now I want to run out and buy some! LOL!