Monday, February 21, 2011

Taking it Easy

Where to start... Hmm, Well, I previously posted about how my back was always hurting and that I've been seeing chiropractors for it off and on. Well, I thought I was all healed up and went back to life as normal. ie. lifting my mini man, doing laundry, driving all over town, all the housework, playing hard (riding horses and 4-wheelers), and hitting the gym. Well, when I went to ride one day, I suddenly couldn't feel my legs except for shooting pains down my hamstrings. I got off, drove home, and literally crawled into the house. I thought I had just pinched a nerve, but after a visit to a different chiropractor (The Wellness Center on Bluff St.) I found out that I actually have a herniated/bulging disk. Fun times, fun times! Good thing I went to the Wellness center! They do the the muscle strenth testing, then do an adjustment, then do a massage. Its so NICE!! And I really feel like I'm finally healing. I've been put on some serious limited duty. No lifting (yeah right), no sitting for more than a few minutes without getting up to stretch, and lay down as often as possible (again, yeah, right!) I'm two weeks into treatment (which costs a fortune, but if I can truly heal, it'll be worth it) and I feel SOOO good! I even cleaned the house top to bottom this morning, hit up costco (lifting all the heavy stuff, of course), and came home feeling only a tiny bit sore! I quickly laid down to recover, but even tonight I feel pretty dang good! My kids have been awesome during this whole thing. They've been mopping, vacuuming, cleaning up after themselves, and Jayden has been lifting Tannon for me whenever is absolutely necessary. Hear's to awesome kiddos, getting bettter, and not feeling 100 yrs old at 31!!!!!

4 comments:

kimber said...

Dave totally has the same thing. Then every so often his sciatic nerve gets pinched and he can barely walk. Such a pain, literally! He's tried a few different things and nothing has healed it, he's considering surgery. Keep me updated on how you end up? Goodluck!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

I'm glad you're getting the help you need. Back pain blows and that sounds awful! I've had some horrible back pressure a couple times this pregnancy and can barely get up to go to the bathroom sometimes but then it went away but to have it shoot down your legs and go numb, no thx. thankfully sciatica hasn't hit yet. keep up the good work!

andreamatrix said...

So glad you found out what you are dealing with! Hope the treatment goes well.

neally82 said...

I am so glad that you found a Chiropractor that offered massage and other modalities in the office. I hope that you keep healing and get back to riding soon!