Saturday, June 25, 2011

Belize, June 16th

These pictures are out of order.











Thursday the 16th we got off the boat as early as possible because the tenders were full and we had a LONG drive in to the jungle before we could go CAVE RAFTING!!! We hopped on a bus that took us an hour inland to a perfect cave rafting spot. The let us jump from a cliff into the water. It was only about 10 feet or so. I was the only female to do it..not sure why. Maybe the girly girls were afraid to lose their bikini tops. We hiked to the river with our tubes for about 40 minutes. I was grateful I jumped off the cliff cuz it was HOT and HUMID when it wasn't raining. My tube was carried by one of the guides cuz he said, "you represent women for jumping, I represent men, carry your tube." In the caves we saw stalagmites, stalactites, bats, and spiders. The guides kept telling us "butts up" (instead of what's up) because the river is fairly shallow and it is possible to get a bruised rear if you hit a rock. They told us jokes the entire time. It was a pretty relaxing float trip unless your tube popped (only if you booked the excursion through carnival...el cheapo tubes). Anyway, after we relaxed through the caves, we came out into one great view of the jungle. We probably floated for an hour and a half. When we got out, it was pouring rain. You'd think we'd be cold, but it was more like a semi warm shower. The bus then took us to a shelter where we had AUTHENTIC Belize Tamales! YUMMM!!!
Back on the ship, we cleaned up for dinner and forgot it was "elegant night". I had about 5 desserts that night. We went to another comedy show and hit up the break dancers show before we went to bed. I wanted to see Cozumel the entire time we could be off the ship, so bedtime was fairly early for me.

2 comments:

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

what fun excursions you guys did. I can't sleep in past 5 or 5:30 on the weekends right now but that's b/c my milk makers want to get up. But when I'm done with the breast milk I can usually sleep until 7 and it will be bliss! so glad you go away and had some fun!

Sara & Jess Phillips said...

Jess and I did the cave rafting in Belize back in '05. I loved it! Looks like you guys had a blast!