Remember my bulging/herniated disk? Yup, that one! The one between L4 and L5! (dang thing) Well, as it was healing, I was having sciatica pains. If you've never had sciatica, shout HALLELUJAH out loud RIGHT NOW!!! Sciatica is this hellish nerve pain that runs from your back or your butt all the way down through your hamstrings and sometimes even further into your toes. I wasn't able to feel my leg most of the day, and sometimes had some severe nerve pains shooting down my legs. My wonderful chiropractor was helping me out, but eventually I felt like I could continue therapy on my own, as he does not work for free. I WAS WRONG!!! I WAS CHEAP!! I LISTENED TO MY CHEAP HUBBY :)! NOW I AM PAYING FOR IT!! Since May I've been going downhill but I was too proud, and again too cheap to go back in. Then enter an INSANE summer of traveling and I didn't have much time to go in.
Justin and I were out on a date the other day and I was hobbling my busted self into the restaurant and a lady stopped me to ask what was wrong. I told her that I'd been battling sciatica since May. She told me she worked for a chiropractor and was a LMT and that she'd work on me for FREE that night. It helped quite a bit, but still I was limping and experiencing pain. I went to see her bosses the following monday, and they told me that my repeat back problems are "emotional". Now, don't get me wrong. I think stress affects our body, and I know I have stress, but doesn't EVERY mom? Ok then, Rochelle should be able to deal without looking 108 yrs old, right? RIGHT!!
So, after all this back and forth trying to decide what to do, and trying to figure out how to afford it all, I ran into a coupon in the mail for my original doc. I quickly made that appointment and the difference it made is phenomenal! I guess its just gonna have to be expensive...I gotta get it healed all the way! No stopping just because I feel "fine". The price tag on health is officially PRICELESS!!!!!
Because I hate posting without pics, this is a pic of my latest (and greatest) haircut. It cost all of 9$ at the Paul Mitchell school. I usually don't let students work on my hair, but I was detesting the current style SO BAD that I figured no one could make it worse. I absolutely LOVE IT! Glad I took the plunge to chop the mess off!
Our Favorite Solar Outdoor Lighting {Both Fun and Functional!}
-
My favorite outdoor solar lights for a beautiful (and safe) backyard!
These solar lights work just as well as our wired landscape lighting, and
come in som...
2 days ago
3 comments:
Holy cow your kids have grown up! Pay for the chiropractor...worth it! Just a bit jealous about your Paul Mitchell School. I just paid $55.00 for me & Abby to get our hair cut!
Hope your back feels better. Definitely worth all the money to go to a chiropractor. Find one that works with a massage therapist and your insurance will usually cover part of the massage as "therapy."
Cute hair cut. We are going long b/c I am too cheap to pay for hair cuts. :-)
yowza! glad you're getting help!
Post a Comment