Thursday, May 24, 2012

Antigua

Again I jumped out of bed when I heard the thrusters pulling us into port! I LOVE ISLANDS!  Justin and I went to eat in the Washington Dining room.  (we really aren’t buffet folks…we always went to the dining room or the Deli).  After breakfast we got ready and got off the boat. We went souvenir shopping first thing.  It was kinda sad, all the shop ladies were desperate for business because we were the first boat they’d seen in a month and the last boat they’d see for another month. They were dealing right off the bat, so we got some hats for $5, some golf balls for the in laws, a necklace for Lulu, a lapel pin for Justin, and a few other odds and ends.  All the shop ladies kept calling me baby and baby girl in like a Jamaican accent.  I got really used to listening to different accents on this trip! Our good friends we made on board were Canadian, Australian, German, Kentucky-ites, and Floridians! I ended up with a different accent myself and saying Eh? after every sentence! After soovy shopping we put our items back on the ship and went to meet our taxi driver for ZIPLINING!!! I LOVE ZIPLINING! And this zip lining trip had an obstacle course AFTER 20 platforms! I was so pumped!

cruise 2012 333I LOVE Carnival!

cruise 2012 334He is so very cute!

cruise 2012 335And so is my pirate boyfriend!

cruise 2012 337

cruise 2012 338Let’s zip line already!

cruise 2012 339A Mermaid and a pirate! Ahoy!

cruise 2012 346We are so stinking adorable!

cruise 2012 356He loves me AND his turkey wraps!

cruise 2012 359The deli had smoked salmon on a bagel with cream cheese. It was Justin’s new favorite “midnight snack”.

IMG_9899A hot helmet shot!

IMG_9891I’m a professional! Don’t try this at home!

IMG_9889

I only got a few pictures from zip lining. They wouldn’t allow cameras on the course because they took pictures on a few platforms and did a video for you to buy in the gift shop.  I was so bummed! They didn’t do pics of the obstacle course, which was the hardest and best part! We had 10 platforms of Indiana Jones like rope bridges, wooden bridges with slats missing, tightrope style cables, and just plain hard obstacles to cross.  Plus, it’s the rainforest…so it was 85 degrees and raining on us making the obstacles SLICK! I did slip one time and found myself looking up at the sky.  I didn’t want the guy to come rescue me though, so I used my strength to pull me back up using my “safety ropes”. I dripping wet after that workout! My poor hubby really struggled on the course.( he says I took him to fat camp)  He’s tall and I could use my shortness to my advantage (low center of gravity and all). Anyway, we finished and lived to tell about it.  Our taxi driver was in a hurry and since we’d spent 4 hours on platforms I didn’t have time to choose my photos. I just handed the guy a $20 and said, give me as many pics as you can of me and my hubby.  Ended up that he gave me about 15 pics of me and a video of me, and nothing of Justin.  Good grief! Shoulda smuggled our new camera along… OH well, the memories are PHENOMENAL enough!

0 comments: