Wednesday, May 23, 2012

St. Thomas/St. John: Trunk Bay

After TWO sea days, I was soo tired of being stuck on a boat.  Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE cruising, but sea days are hard for me.  I’m pasty white, so laying out just fries me (I totally believe in Banana Boat sunless tanner…so that’s why my complexion is nice and golden).  I can’t sleep except in my cabin, and you can only eat SO MUCH without getting sick.  Anyway, I just get bored at sea after a while…so when I heard the thrusters pushing the boat to the port I JUMPED out of bed and said, “Let’s go explore an ISLAND!”

We got off on St. Thomas, taxied to the Ferry boat, ferried to St. John, and taxied to Trunk Bay after we ran into another couple that was doing the same thing.  St. Thomas was the only stop we didn’t book an excursion on because we heard it was great “sight seeing”.  (which I also love, but I wanna do stuff I DON’T ever get to do at home…)

Anyway, Trunk bay didn’t disappoint! Its one of the top beaches in the world! Here’s the pics to prove it:

cruise 2012 191An ISLAND!! FINALLY!!!

cruise 2012 204

cruise 2012 206

cruise 2012 208

cruise 2012 211TRUNK BAY!

cruise 2012 214He’s a sexy beast!

cruise 2012 245We snorkeled a “path”

cruise 2012 251It had all these signs to read! VERY COOL!.  There were about 25 signs and it took about an hr to snorkel the whole thing.

cruise 2012 262

cruise 2012 302GORGEOUS water and sand!!!!

cruise 2012 310

cruise 2012 316

cruise 2012 321

cruise 2012 325

cruise 2012 326

cruise 2012 329Our cute beach bag we had to buy because our backpack zipper broke!

cruise 2012 332A Coke zero to top off the afternoon!

0 comments: