Saturday, June 30, 2012

Donating Her Hair

Alyssa wanted to cut her hair for awhile because she had a friend at school with short hair.  She was very close to the 10” required by Locks of Love, so I asked her to wait till school was out.  Once school was out, she was asking daily if she had enough to donate to the sick kids.  When I was sure she had the required 10” we took her to the salon for her cut.  She was so excited! The actual haircut occurred on June 8, but since I just BARELY got the hair mailed off to Locks of Love, I’m posting it now.  Smile 

june1 003Before

june1 004During

june1 006After

 

She LOVES the cut and so do I! Its so much easier to do short hair and no more TANGLES!!! I’m proud of her for toughing out the long hair days so that she could do a donation. She loves telling others about how she donated it and now two of her friends have donated as well.  LOVE my sweetheart of a daughter!

2 comments:

Brenton and Andrea said...

What a cute little girl! I love the haircut too and thats so sweet of her! :)

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

LOVE no more tangles Kylee will have her chopped and stacked again before school starts I bet. it's cute on Alyssa.