Monday, August 6, 2012

Winding Up Our Summer

I’m so sad that summer is almost over! It seems like my kiddos just started getting along and sleeping in. We have been kinda busy though.  We have some developments that are a pretty big deal!!!!!!

fone pics 004

 

Justin went to the DMV for a new driver’s license and the lady there told him he should really see an eye dr.  Well, luckily, we have a GREAT friend who IS an eye doctor.  So, after a thorough examination, Justin found out that he has a genetic anomaly with his sight.  The dr. suggested we get all 3 kids tested just in case.  The boys were fine, but he really wanted to take a closer look at Alyssa’s eyes.  We decided we had enough time to dilate her eyes.  The verdict was that LULU needs reading glasses.  Reading glasses for a  kid are kinda annoying though. I mean, what kid wants to put on and take off their glasses a hundred times a day.  So, our buddy changed up the prescription so that she can wear them all day in the classroom.  SHE LOVES THEM!! She chose a barbie frame with some bling on the sides. 

fone pics 005

 

After having her eyes dilated, she got to wear these for 3 days.  She LOVED them, which I thought was kinda funny. 

fone pics 015

Doesn’t she look so grown up?  She doesn’t listen when I tell her to slow down… Smile 

Ok,

Onto other news:

fone pics 008

This little guy has been TERRIFIED of swimming in any water over 18” deep.  Alyssa had a great idea to buy him a lifejacket for his birthday.  BEST PURCHASE EVER!!! He LOVES to swim now. 

And here’s the proof:

fone pics 012

This is him in the 5’ area of our community center’s pool.  He says that now he can go to 5’ because he is 5 years old. 

fone pics 011

He also loves the shower at the pool! Course, on the day this picture was taken, the pool was ULTRA cold from a storm the night before.  The shower is nice and warm.  Smile 

Justin’s been traveling and I’m off to girl’s camp this week.  Then school starts on the 15th!  Sad smile Sniff sniff… I LOVE SUMMER!!!

1 comments:

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

cute glasses! I bet he loves that life jacket, smart purchase. I like Tannon's cake, yum!