Monday, March 17, 2008

Big Mack





So, in a previous post I said something about looking for a dog. Well, I was just searching for the perfect pet. I had to find another home for our other dog almost a year ago after he bit me and was snapping at the kids. Anyway, Justin has been in love with Newfoundland dogs for about 6 years now and has always wanted to get one. I wasn't too keen on the 130 lb, hairy, slobbery breed, but I really wanted another dog for myself and the kids. Jayden wanted a lab, but I needed a calmer breed to be around Alyssa and Tannon. Well, the long and short of it is that I was on Petfinder.com and found a Labranewfie (lab and newfoundland cross) in St. George, Utah. Crazy story....I drove to St. George this week and picked him up. On the way, I stopped in Vegas and hung out with Justin's sisters and brother that were there for spring break. He's been the greatest dog for over 48 hours now and I just love how calm he is...he really enjoys the kids wrestling with him...its funny to watch. So, even though I'm moving across the country, I decided to get a 75 lb dog to add to the craziness..........and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Lexi said...

You are just too funny! He is a great looking dog though!

jenidlg said...

He's adorable Rochelle. How was the drive?

Rochelle said...

The drive was supprisingly great. I heard that he wasn't good in the car...but he slept the whole time.

:) said...

Wow, just look at Allysa lying on him. He looks so calm. Glad you got one you enjoy!

Anonymous said...

We used to have a Pyrenese/Newfoundland mix when I was growing up. It was the BEST dog ever!! It always stayed by the pool when kids were in it. When we'd walk by the road he'd nudge us over to the side when there was a car. Great choice!!

The Becker Bunch said...

STINKIN' STINKIN' CUTE!!! I LURVE HIM!!

Sara & Jess Phillips said...

Holy Cow!!! I can't believe you did that, we've been wanting to get Luke one but just keep putting it off till we find a house.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

Wow, you are crazy! ;) Sounds like a fun spring break. I hope this dog is wonderful for you guys and that your kids enjoy him.

andreamatrix said...

I'm baffled Chuck?! What do you say about someone who drive to St. George to pick up a giant dog?! You definately get the "cool" Mom award.

Amie said...

Holy Cow Rochelle! You are one adventurous girl! I would never be brave enough to drive all over the place with three kids and no husband! Props to you! Glad you love your new dog...you got some really great pictures of the kids with him.