With Justin and my parents in town, we decided to celebrate Lulu's birthday early. Justin and I left the kids with my parents and ran to Wally world to pick up her cake. (Alyssa picked Ariel earlier in the week) Well, Ariel was too big to fit in the cake package...so they ripped the top open.
As I moved the cake from the cart to the van, I smashed the sides because the box was so unstable. So, after feeling bad about that damage, we got home. Well, its totally habit to hit the sliding doors on the van open. Then the dog wanted to come outside. So, I opened the door to the house letting the dog out and the first thing he does is leap in the van on top of the cake.
Yeah, I felt pretty stupid, as well as really upset about ruining Lulu's cake. Good news was that Alyssa was so excited about the Ariel toys on the cake, she couldn't have cared less about the damage. At least little kids are so easy to please. Plus the cake still tasted good.
Our Favorite Solar Outdoor Lighting {Both Fun and Functional!}
-
My favorite outdoor solar lights for a beautiful (and safe) backyard!
These solar lights work just as well as our wired landscape lighting, and
come in som...
2 days ago
8 comments:
Aren't kids great?! It's either that they don't care about things they "should" or they care WAY too much about the little stuff! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ALYSSA!!! CUTE GIRL!
ps I need to pick up the honey! When is a good time?!
Cute cake! :) Even smashed...Yea for kids who don't sweat the little stuff! Happy birthday to Alyssa! I read your side bar and it broke my heart! Perhaps you should be asking for more help Missy! We would all love to help you with whatever you need. Trials are just no fun. When it is all said and done, you'll look back and realize how much you grew or something that you learned during this tough time. You'll surely be in my prayers...
I am so glad that Alyssa didn't mind. How are things with Jayden back in school? Sending lots of prayers your way!
A cake is a cake, the kids never mind what it looks like just as long as it tastes good. So sorry to hear you are having a hard time with all this. Just to let you know, as someone in the market to buy a house, you need to make your home stand out above the hundreds of others on the market (offer closing costs or home warranty). Just think of it this way, sell low and buy low when you get to Florida, their market is worst than Phoenix.
Oh yeah, Happy Birthday to YOU!!!
I'm so glad you found something to hold you till you are ready to buy a home in FL. I'm always reminded how things come on the Lord's terms/timing not ours.
Your new place sounds awesome! You should post some pictures if you have some. I knew something really great was coming for you...
Post a Comment