Sunday, March 23, 2008

Justin Home For EASTER


Ok, So I've been brutally honest about how I've been handling Justin being gone (see sidebar) and so now I'm going to be brutally honest about how having him home and seeing him go back within 72 hours was. It was so BITTERSWEET. He came home at 11pm on my birthday...so we didn't really get to celebrate. Of course, I feel old, so there wasn't much celebration to begin with (I'm 29 and this number hurts to even think about). We love having him home, but it is constantly in the back of our heads that he is leaving again. The kids totally clammor for attention and act really needy. I definitely don't help with the guilt I'm sure he feels, I think I cried just about everytime he hugged me. This is THE hardest thing I've probably ever done. I'd much rather put myself through the slowest form of torture possible. (maybe this is the slowest form possible with kids constantly crying and fighting). Anyway, we obviously love him and something will work out soon (I hope).

7 comments:

:) said...

Hang in there! You can do this!

The Becker Bunch said...

You are doing a GREAT job. You need to ASK FOR HELP!! I can't imagine how hard this is for you...please just ASK when you need something! Why don't you call a friend and make plans and I'll come over and watch your kiddos one night!! My kids will think it's great!! Let me know!

Donna said...

I agree with Nikki. Every time I want to complain about my hubby being gone too much I think of you. You're my hero. CALL ME if you need a break!!

kimber said...

This is definently a growing time for you guys, and hopefully it will end soon and you guys will only be that much stronger for what you've had to go through. Hang in there, it won't last forever.

andreamatrix said...

Just remember TEMPORARY thing will pass. Just think how great it will be when you get there. This will help you to appreciate Justin's help around the house so much!

I use shutterfly to develop pictures. Their prints turn out very nice!

Elise and Dan said...

I feel for you! You are SO strong! You have been in my prayers! I've been thinking about you, and how difficult it must be--I truly pray for your strength and that all of this will be over with soon! I am sorry I am not much help at this time, with my move and all, but I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you. Hang in there girl!!!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

hey, it's great to be honest....this is your place to vent and hopefully feel better. just bring the kids on over! ;)