Just a glimpse into our crazy lifestyle. Justin's job requires him to travel...OFTEN! Just today, I drove him to the airport at 6am with all three kids in tow. He'll be gone for 10 whole days. Saying goodbye is so hard...I'm not a crybaby type person, but the tears well up every time I see him walk through the doors towards airport security. I handle him being gone pretty well for about 4 days and then it seems like my limit has been met and I'm so grumpy with the kids and things just start to go downhill from there. The problem is we do this 2 and 3 weeks a month. Not all of his trips are long, but most are 5 day trips. I'm trying to be open minded towards trials and realize that this could be a growing experience, but that doesn't seem to be helping much.
Tannon had his 12 month appointment yesterday. He weighs 22 lbs and is 29 inches long. 25th Percentile for everything (whatever that means, I took stats in college, but this bell curve is way off if you ask me). He's the epitome of Fat Allen Baby...Love him to death!!
Alyssa had a speech evaluation today. She did really well, but we've determined that she is behind on 2 sounds. C sounds like T and G sounds like D. Our health insurance won't pay for the therapy, so I'm trying to see if she's behind enough for the free preschool at Litchfield Elementary. If not, then we'll be shelling out the big bucks for someone to put a sucker in her mouth and teach her to speak using different muscles and hold her tongue down.
Jayden is doing well in school. Justin and I went to his curriculum night last night and we are so excited for the things he'll be learning this year. It seems like he's come so far in only three weeks. His behavior has improved and he seems to really like school and his friends. Everyday after school he asks if he can run from Maggie Francom's house to ours because he has "too much energy". I decided to let him even though its 105 in the afternoons. Well, Justin decided to let him yesterday too and a lady cut him off and asked Jayden if he wanted her to call the police because this man was following him. Jayden said, "He's my dad, don't send him to jail!" Justin was frustrated with her, but completely understanding at the same time. I mean a man in a car with out of state plates (utah for company car) following a kid that is running? I'm glad she did stop, she had the right idea to protect the kid and all. Jayden was crying and really upset though. We had to have a stranger danger talk once again.
Anyway, that's been life for the last little while.
Our Favorite Solar Outdoor Lighting {Both Fun and Functional!}
-
My favorite outdoor solar lights for a beautiful (and safe) backyard!
These solar lights work just as well as our wired landscape lighting, and
come in som...
2 days ago
11 comments:
I would have done the same thing with Jayden! Squirt is so stinking cute! I can't believe that he has been here past a whole year now! I guess we did move out to the middle of nowhere! Dang that Walmart! :-)
I like the princess pic, I bet Justin didn't want to take it off when he got to the airport. Tannon is such a cute baby. He is a great size. Chunky babies are the best. I love his squishy face. Jayden started school, yay! I'm glad Justin didn't try to kidnap him. Now you will have some peace with Jayden gone, right? ;) I'd die if Ben had a travel job. He does more than I do. ;)He's my little househusband.
HAHAHAHAHA...okay, I am laughing SO hard right now because about a MONTH ago, Lilee weighed 22 lbs and 4 oz. She was bigger at 10 months than Tannon at a year...and she's a girl!! I HAVE A CHUBBA for a daughter!! I loved this post...I miss hearing about the every day things of the Allens!! Glad the kids are doing well!! You could look into a private speech tutor...I think sister Lorton may know of someone...doesn't she do that stuff?! Just an idea!!
Wow, I'm sorry Justin is STILL gone so much. I thought I had it tough with Dave not getting home until 8pm every night.
I can't believe Tannon is only in the 25%, Madix was in like the 80%!
That story about Jayden is so funny, at leaste you know someone was watching out for him.
When I drive, Jayden always asks to run home. Maybe, I should let him? :) I am so sorry about all of Justin's travels. That just really stinks. Here is hoping that it gets better soon.
Goodness you guys are busy! Cute pics! Hopefully you guys get to go somewhere fun for your anniversary! I'm tellin' ya! Just drop them off here in Vernal and go to Denver or somewhere cool! 25th percentile is really good! Actually perfect! It's actually a nutrition kinda measurement. 75th pretty much means your kid is obese....or getting really close. 25th is where you want them to be!
Based on the previous comment, my little miss is MORBIDLY OBESE...:) heheeehehee..that made me laugh since she is in fact only 10 months old!!
Love the crown. Instead of Dr. Pepper, he could be King Pepper! I think I've taken over your job as single parent. Hmmm....not so much fun.
thanks for the update....I'm so happy!
That is a Dad secure enough in his manliness to wear a princess hat :)
Cute pics...I am sorry your hubby is gone so much...that would be really hard. Happy Anniversary
Post a Comment