Friday, December 26, 2008

A Christmas Time-out

Since Justin has been home for the holidays he has to be firm on our rules and boundaries. The kids keep telling him he is mean. Alyssa even told him to go to time out today. Their conversation went like this:
Alyssa: Dad you mean!
Dad: Yeah?
Alyssa: Yeah! You go to timeout!
Dad: Really? Can I go to my bedroom?
Alyssa: Yeah! And you stay there ALL DAY on your bed!
Dad: Really? And can I go to sleep?
Alyssa (not getting the sarcasm of course): Yeah! And you not ever coming out till you is gonna be nice to us!
Dad: Ok! When can timeout start?
Mom: Hold it!!!! If anyone in this entire house needs a timeout its me!



Justin's new toy



Alyssa got some more dress up clothes. What else could Santa have brought to make a princess happy?



Tannon got a toy vaccum and will NOT put it down. It rides in the car, stroller, and comes to the table with him or else he screams...Noooooooo!!! BeeeBeee's. I guess that means, "No, that's baby's toy" in Tannonese (a language I'm quickly becoming familiar with).

I also have to note that Christmas this year was AWESOME! No guests to entertain, clean up after, cook for. No packing for three kids to go "enjoy" that yukky stuff called snow. No planes to meet, no van to fill with gas, and absolutely no wondering which DVD's to pack to keep them entertained for a 13 hour drive. I'm relaxing for Christmas more often. We did absolutely nothing but play with our kids and spend quality family time. Lesson learned!

6 comments:

Elise and Dan said...

Oh, I am so with you on the lesson learned thing. I LOVED being home this year. We actually woke up to our OWN Christmas tree. We are always spending Christmas with family in another state. It was great. I'm glad you had the same experience. The time out story was cute. I've been told to go to time out before as well!

Lexi said...

Just say no to traveling! I already for warned my family that after Thanksgiving I am done traveling for the holiday! Period. No exceptions.

The Three Peas said...

Okay, Tannon...can I have him? Seriously?

Amie said...

HA! Tannonese! I love it! More princess stuff for Alyssa??? Good luck with that! I'm sure that I'll get to see her wearing them at the gym. ...and I'm going to get a BIG smile out of it! She's so sweet. Glad you enjoyed your calm Christmas!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

that's funny! I want a time out too. Christmas was great this year, we spent it in our own house too! I hear ya!

kimber said...

Well I sure am glad you guys were home this Christmas:) I'm glad you had a relaxing week, although Meeka probably didn't add to that, with 2 big dogs running around the house.
Thanks again!!!