Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Stinkin' New Year

I am in the worst mood and I'm so grumpy, I just have to let everyone know about it. This is how my New Year's went:

1. Go to gym...find out I gained 4 holiday pounds.
2. Pick up kids from gym childcare and Tannon screams, "Noooooooo"! He wants to stay there and screams as I try to get him to leave.
3. Get home from gym, try to clean the house. Not one kiddo would leave it clean. Super Grumpy Husband is LOCKED in my bedroom "working". I didn't manage to get anything done.
4. Tannon is finally down for a nap...good deal, I can get my Harry Potter fix (I'm on book number 5). I put a movie on for Jayden and Alyssa, but they fight the whole time and I can't read. Tannon wakes up and screams for about 15 minutes solid, squirming the whole time in my arms.
5. We go outside. I tackle cleaning my garage. Just as I'm tearing the ENTIRE garage apart the neighbor comes out and says, "Can you watch my kid too?" I reluctantly say, "sure! I'm the neighborhood babysitter...can't you tell?" I need to charge a fee I swear.
6. I told the kids NOT to go inside the house, I didn't want it messed up. (this little girl is NOTORIOUS for TEARING MY HOUSE APART!!!!!)
7. The girls go inside and play dress up tearing Alyssa's entire closet out and putting it on the floor.
8.Garage looks great, but Tannon is covered in Slime from the tires I was trying to fix.
9. We were going to go to the gym family fun night, but the kids were all screaming they were hungry. Justin said, "Lets use our Chili's gift card." Sounded great to me. However, our serice SUCKED! Tannon wouldn't eat, our service was so slow that he filled up on mom's soda. (yeah, I'm a bad mom and let him have sips of my diet coke, just to keep him STILL!) Then he wanted to RUN around the restaurant.
10. Justin finally grabs Tannon after his screaming fit at the table and takes him to the car so that I can eat. Jayden and Alyssa are goofing off and I'm pretty irritated. Justin was irritated because he wasn't done eating.
11. Kids want to rent a movie. Yeah, long line for the red box and I'm refusing to wait. I want those snots of mine in bed, dang it.
12. Get kids in bed at 7:30. Jayden wants to keep coming out to watch tv.
13. Justin and I go to bed at 10, but we're so bummed about our crappy evening that we're not really speaking much to each other.
14. Midnight! Mack is BARKING! My dog hardly ever barks...he was barking his fool head off because of the fireworks. Jayden was awake saying he was scared. We didn't get those two settled down till 2am.
15. 2am...Brother in law calls to say he's engaged. Congrats! You couldn't tell us at a decent hour? (Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him, and I'm even happier that my MIL can finally have a DIL that she'll actually like, but I don't need to know at 2am).
16. 3am...Still not asleep.
17. 4am...still not asleep.
18. 5am...conked out.
19. 6am...Up with kids and super grumpy too! Happy Freakin New Year!

7 comments:

:) said...

Wow! That just plain sucks. Sounds like you need school to be back in session. Hope that today is better.

Elise and Dan said...

oh. I thought that was just how the days usually are. jk Hope today is a better day! Hopefully that is the last bad day for a long long time!

Moss Family said...

I am SORRY....your kids should be angels today after that day =) Hopfeully today will be better

Jay and Rochelle said...

Ya, I would be in a bad mood as well. I think we all have those! Hopefully the year will get maybe just a tad bit better! Oh, the joys of motherhood, ugh!

andreamatrix said...

Dare I admit that we played games, ate food, stayed up until 2:30, then slept in until 10:00...

I PROMISE... you'll get there.

Can't help you with the neighbor thing though.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

well, that sounds like a fun day. What's up with Chili's? We've had really crappy service there more than a couple of times. But I still keep going back. Sometimes the service is great so I just don't get it. Do they not like tips? And if you have a pre-toddler/toddler....they should be faster!

mph said...

That is so funny how we both went from Twilight addicts to Harry Potter addicts!! I was so hooked on Potter!! Loved every minute of it! I am sad it's over. And YES let's go see Movie #6 when it comes out. Have you seen the trailer? It looks sooooo good.