Saturday, March 21, 2009

My 30th Birthday!

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!


This was my birthday gift from Jeremy! Thanks buddy! Nothing like talking about my grave to make me feel old. Anyway, my 30th birthday was great! I did a lot of the usual stuff, but then Justin took me to Sushi and a movie plus coldstone icecream. We had lots of fun. He tried to even get me Cavalia tickets, but there's no way I'd let him spend that much on me. $200 to see horses? That's just ridiculous....
Well, to copy Amie...here's 30 things I've learned in my 30 years:

1. A hug can make so many things so much better.
2. Ice cream can make so many things so much better.
3. Messes can be cleaned up later...live in the moment.
4. Being a careful driver is important with so many cameras around.
5. Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done.
6. Hugging my kids everyday is the sweetest thing.
7. Men ARE sensitive, just different sensitive than women
8. cooking is a necessary evil
9. Cleaning can be relaxing
10. A drive can clear my mind
11. Going riding is healing
12. Cleaning stalls can be therapy (weird huh?)
13. Cold weather isn't something I miss
14. My parents really do know something
15. My kids have taught me the most about life
16. High risk pregnancies just make me love and appreciate my kiddos more.
17. I'm slowly, slowly, slowly learning to chill
18. Knowing when to walk away from an argument with Justin requires timing.
19. Sisters are the best
20. Close friends keep me sane
21. Yelling can bring closure
22. Yelling can intimidate my kids and damage our relationship for WEEKS
23. its ok not to be perfect
24. its actually awesome not to be perfect..who needs the stress?
25. A good book is a great escape
26. its ok to open a package of crackers in the grocery store if you plan on paying for it..anything to avoid a toddler tantrum
27. its ok for kids to wear whatever they want...individuality is cute
28. Everyone deserves a break
29. Needing a break doesn't make me a bad mom..it makes me a better mom.
30. Weaknesses can be overcome.

7 comments:

Elise and Dan said...

Happy Birthday you old fart! Just kidding! Glad you had a great Birthday!

kimber said...

Happy Birthday!! 30's aren't so bad, I've been here for a couple years and feel better than ever.
Sounds like you had a nice b-day.

Baltzers said...

Sound like you had a good day. I really liked the 30 things, that was a cute idea.

The Becker Bunch said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I don't think the 30's are all that bad either! They are closer to the 40's and at 40, we have GROWN kids...wahoooooo!!!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

dude, you're 30?! I remember your birthday being in March. And Andrea's birthday is in March too I think. Dang, I should have come and tp'd your house or something. Sounds like a lovely birthday though. Coldstone rocks. Happy birthday!

Lacie said...

Happy birthday we should go out and do something. Looking good for 30 be proud!

Amie said...

Happy Birthday Rochelle! I LOVED your list!!! Now I'm trying to remember all the ones I REALLY liked...hmmmmmm...I guess I just liked them all! Thanks for the post! I always learn so much from you!