Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Stressful Adventures







So, we are officially crazy! We had to move BEFORE our house closed because that was when we would have help to move, not to mention a tractor from Andrus to haul our stuff (they get VERY busy over the summer). We packed up the truck saturday with help from Bro. Francom, Cotten, and Gunn (Thanks a TON guys) and headed to St. G. I had to drive by myself with the kids and the dog because Justin had to drive his work car (which was full of last minute stuff that we needed to have NOT be on the truck). It went pretty well because our kids are used to the drive, but I was EXHAUSTED! I decided that because the house hadn't closed, there was NO WAY I was staying in a hotel with 3 kids for possibly a week. (Andrus would pay, but there is no amount of $ that equals the stress of 3 bored kids in a small hotel room)
Long story short, I'm in Idaho once again at my parents house. While, Justin remains in St.G working and trying to iron out our loan. (which is working, but soooo slow! stupid economy)
My parents however, are busy with their lives and wanted to hit Hogle Zoo with my Aunt Virginia. I was pretty sick of traveling with three cranky kids, but the alternative was to stay in Idaho doing nothing. So, I told my dad that if he drove, I would go to Hogle Zoo. We drove the three hours down with 5 of the 7 grandkids, which honestly wasn't too bad. Hogle Zoo hasn't changed too much and it was nice to take the kids to. My problem however, starts when Tannon doesn't want to ride in the rental stroller, but insists on being carried the ENTIRE WAY! He did walk a lot, but he was VERY sleep deprived and cranky. I spent the whole day trying to keep my mind off of my stupid loan not closing and on taking care of an ornery toddler. As we were winding up the day at the zoo, we let the kids play at the playground. Jayden threw his waterbottle over the fence where the zoo train goes. Not a big deal, but some other moms there were freaking out about him throwing their kids toys and shoes over the fence too. I had to leave tantruming Tannon with my dad to figure out what the problem was. Come to find out, Jayden HAD thrown his waterbottle over the fence, but nothing else. I was SOOO MAD! I friggin HATE UTAH!!!! For this reason only!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why doesn't anyone mind their own freaking business??????? Well, I had HAD IT!!!! I'm ashamed to admit that I came down HARD on little Jayden just because I was embarrased. I pulled his ear and put him in time out and yelled at him in front of everyone for throwing a stupid bottle. How dumb is that? Can you tell I'm a little stressed?
K- so to continue on:
We left the zoo shortly later with Aunt Virginia telling me that I'm ruining my relationship with Jayden and that I need to read more parenting books. I was planning on sleeping the entire way home with my tired kids.
We got to Ogden and suddenly the van (Cox's Honey GMC safai old thingamajig) lost all power. The only way to get power was to put it in neutral and restart it (on the freeway doing 65 mind you). Well, my dad was freaked enough that he pulled over at a station...we literally COASTED IN!! No power steering, no brakes, no gas, NOTHING!!!!! Good thing he stopped!
2 hours later, after being stuck at this station, we found a rental 12 passenger van to get us back to Idaho. We didn't get back until 11pm. What an exhausting day!
My kids were so overtired at this point that they refused to go to bed without SCREAMING!!! Finally, they did crash.........and SO DID I!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!

5 comments:

Me :) said...

Oh my HECK!! I feel for you!! YOU ARE NOT RUINING YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR SON EITHER!! We ALL make mistakes and they need to know that we are able to make mistakes and NOT beat ourselves up forever about it!! If he truly knows you love him then I think that is all that matters. I think every single mom out there has definitely lost their cool at some point. I hope everything starts falling into place for you. How stressful waiting for a home to close!!

Bakers said...

Rochelle!!! I died reading this post. What a chaotic few days for you! I'm sure you are so ready to just be in your house. It's soooo hard one everyone...kids and moms being in limbo. I hope you are able to get in your house soon. Take care!!

Jill said...

sounds like a nightmare day. At least they always have tomorrow, and you have at least the nighttime hours to recharge. You need your Lifetime!

Lacie said...

what a day, that is to bad! Well I guess everyday can't be a good or they would not call them that. Missing you in goodyear.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

sounds like quite the adventure. I like reading parenting books. But then I just feel guilty and don't feel I can measure up so maybe I shouldn't read them. ;) That zoo looks cool!