Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Biting the Bullet


After a busy end to 2009, I really need to get back on the "super organized Rochelle bandwagon". So, the best way to accomplish my goals is to blog about them to the whole world.
1. Start using my Gold's Gym membership more. Its a far cry from Lifetime, but its time to suck it up and get going more than twice a week. I'd like to drop at LEAST * lbs if not * or *. See, I'm a commitment phobic, so I'd better not set the sights too high.
2. Get Tannon off a sippy cup. He would totally love to drink his calories all day and much to the dismay of a pediatric dentist, he has been. So, I'm cutting him off! Crazy straws here we come!
3. Get Tannon potty trained. I've totally slacked cuz its winter and who wants to change wet clothes all the time...but he's two and a half (and ready) so we'll get started. (if he wants to)
4. Get my blog into book form. Now that I have my computer back, its time to download the program and get started. Ah yes, a daunting task for someone who has over 200 postings and 2 years to blog about.
5. Work with Jayden more and lose my patience with him less. WOW!! That's gonna be a toughie! He's been diagnosed with ADHD and after lots of thought and consideration we decided to put him on meds to get him caught up in school. I know there's a million people that despise the drugs, but this is MY KID so therefore its MY DECISION! Anyway, even with drugs, he has a long uphill battle to make up for lost time.
6. I recently read Marley & Me (bawled my eyes out) and Cesear's Way. My goal with my happy-go-lucky Lab is to get him walked at least an hour a day. Even if its super duper cold, rainy, or even snowy.
7. Work with Lulu more on her preschool work. She is a sponge for learning, so this one won't be to hard other than just setting aside time.
8. Actually pick up the phone and set aside a time to go ride with some of the trainers here in St. G. There's a non-pro reining guy in Washington and a hunter jumper guy in La Verkin. I should get crackin'!
9. Be a better wife. I know, lame-o....but I seriously struggle when he's been away on a trip.
10. Get to the temple once a month. So easy, yet so hard!

Well, there you have it, my list of to-dos! Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Elise and Dan said...

Those are great goals. Many of them I said, "me, too!!" The only way to accomplish a goal is to write it down, so you're on the right track! Best of Luck!!

Brenton and Andrea said...

Good luck! Maybe you should check out blog2print.com it totally does all the work for you and they will print it all. Neat stuff...I totally need to print mine too!

Moss Family said...

Awesome goals....you can do it!

:) said...

La Verkin! Why does this make me laugh? You can do it Rochelle!

Lacie said...

wow, what a good idea to start off 2010 right! Good luck with your goals and don't beat yourself up to much your a great mom already!

Jay and Rochelle said...

Good luck. You will be able to accomplish them! Never give up.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

wow, you go girl. I am so good at to do lists when it just consists of me. If I put Ben or Kylee in the mix or need Ben's help it never gets done. So are kids not supposed to be on sippy cups anymore? I know nothing about this! Kylee really wants to drink from a cup and I let her but she isn't ready to have all her milk intake from a cup. She only has a milk at meal times and if she needs another drink at snack or other various times it's water. so she's isn't holding onto the cup all day long. hmmmm! she loves straws though too. I need to read more about what to do with my kid, lol. and potty training stinks. no pun intended.