A few asked how I made Lulu's Tutu. Its SOOOO easy!
1. measure the little cutie's waist
2. cut a piece of elastic that size...bigger if you want it to adjust as they grow
or even buy a headband from the W store if the cutie is a baby/young toddler
3.buy tulle...probably around 4 yards or so and in whatever colors you wish
4. buy ribbon (optional)
5.cute tulle as wide as you want...I did about 4-6 inches for a WIDE strip. Thinner strips will equal about 100 strips per tutu. I lost count how many wide strips..sorry.
6. my tulle is about 24-30 inches in length, it varies, but that adds cuteness... measure your cutie's legs to know for sure.
7. tie tulle in knots around the elastic. You can do fancy knots or just granny knots. I did granny knots and also some with a loop at the top and I kinda made a pattern. This step can take over an hour...
8. add any ribbons you want, just knotting them as you did the tulle
9. sew elastic to make a circle. I didn't sew mine..I'm allergic to sewing. I tied it in a knot and that way it will be adjustable for when Lulu gains weight (yeah, right!)
10. take LOTS of pictures!
Our Favorite Solar Outdoor Lighting {Both Fun and Functional!}
-
My favorite outdoor solar lights for a beautiful (and safe) backyard!
These solar lights work just as well as our wired landscape lighting, and
come in som...
2 days ago
5 comments:
You're allergic to sewing! That is hilarious! And the tutu is very adorable!
How adorable! I might have to keep these instuctions for the miraculous day we have a girl.....yeah right....a girl in the Cook family? ;)
I'm allergic to laundry but I still have to do it. bleh. Really cute idea, thanks for sharing.
thanks for sharing!! I'm gonna give a try, they ARE tutu cute!
thanks for the tutorial. you're allergic to sewing? you're funny.
Post a Comment