Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Vernal, Utah









We've got a busy summer planned and I didn't plan on updating my blog a lot, but I have a few free moments, so I think I'll try to stay caught up. For Memorial Day we went to Vernal to visit my sister Andrea. My camera got "lost" in the back of the van and thus, I have no pictures to prove that I survived dinoland. So, I stole Andrea's pics off her blog. (sorry sis, we all know I'm crazy) The first pic is of my ADORABLE nephew Landon! He is such a cutie! The other is the Vernal Temple...which originally was a Tabernacle (too cool!).
We got up saturday morning and took the kiddos to the dinosaur museum, which they totally loved. Jayden picked himself out a T-rex skull necklace and wears it everywhere now. Then we headed out to the Cook homestead to ride horses, 4-wheelers, and skeet shoot. Country fun at its finest!
Sunday, I made my sis cook up some of her delicious dishes for us to sample. She's a WAAAY good cook. I must've missed those genetics....
And Monday we headed back to our home in the red rocks. Along the way, we hit thick construction traffic and little Tannon, being newly potty trained, needed to poop. That was interesting! Telling a little kid to poop in his pants because we couldn't stop the car, when for the past few months we've been talking about how we don't poop in our pants..... hmmmm. Oh well, we lived through it and got him cleaned up at the Flying J in Spanish Fork, where I did a hello wave for Tami Mills, who now lives there, but I didn't think to grab her info so we could visit. The rest of the drive home was thankfully uneventful and boring. Now, onward to San Diego for next week and Idaho the week after....

2 comments:

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

pooping in your pants is cool! pack some pull ups for your next trips just in case? I dunno, good luck! :)

Brenton and Andrea said...

:) I will have to send your some pics....the few my camera would take! I did get some good ones of Justin and Jayden shooting though! But for now...glad my blog helped! :)