A few year back, Justin and I decided that since the holidays are so busy and crazy, we would pretty much take all of december off. I mean, if church has an activity, we go, if school has a party, we supply the treats.. We just don't go insane trying to attend everything and wait until the last minute on things that can be done earlier. (That's why the christmas cards went out Nov 30th) This year has been really NICE! We mostly just have our regular "going ons" and its been great for the kids to reflect on giving and spirit of the whole season. Every year we do the angel tree for 3 kids that are the same ages and genders as our kiddos (that way shopping is easy). This year, the kids really got into it and thought about other kids that don't have very much. Even Tannon wanted to give another little boy a Buzz Lightyear. That made me feel like we're at least doing something right in the parenting game.
Anyway, even though we've been chillin' Decemberwise, here's what we HAVE DONE so far:
Alyssa had a Kindergarten Christmas Party (note the beautiful curly hair)
The Kindergarten did a "Polar Express Train" Parade for the whole school. Every kid (mom) got to decorate a box as a train car.
Now THESE BABIES, they could use a post of their own, but since I only get the laptop occasionally... These are called Curlformers and I saw them on the Babesinhairland blog. I purchased the large set and was kinda worried cuz Lulu's hair does NOT hold curl EVERRRRRR!!!
She loves the pink and orange craziness!
Check out that CURLY hair! And its staying put! It stayed in ALL DAY! Even though she was laying on it, running around, and running her fingers through it! Totally worth the $$$ and I highly recommend them. I wish I would have gotten a closer shot, but getting out the door with 3 kids and a train was pretty difficult.
Now, this pic is my favorite!!!! Check out the back view of Lulu's curls and her awesome train car, PLUS she's holding Tanny's hand. AWWW!!!! He wanted to be part of the parade so bad, and she just took it in stride and held on to him the whole time.
This is a random shot of Tannon as we were baking cookies for our neighborhood gifts. He will not TAKE OFF the Spongebob Pjs...
Then Alyssa needed a picture of her PJs. They have Rapunzel from "Tangled" on them. BTW, super cute show! Totally purchasing it when it comes out!
This is the "before" shot of the train car. It was kinda hard to decorate a train car when the kids wouldn't stop playing in the box. Speaking of boxes, why don't I just get my kids a few for christmas instead of toys?
And last, but not least, Jayden! He's my kid that doesn't want to have his picture taken very much. He's doing basketball through Washington City and this picture was at a game. The games are pretty intense, so I rarely get any action shots.
And there ya have it! Our December so far!
Our Favorite Solar Outdoor Lighting {Both Fun and Functional!}
-
My favorite outdoor solar lights for a beautiful (and safe) backyard!
These solar lights work just as well as our wired landscape lighting, and
come in som...
2 days ago
4 comments:
LOVE those curls! That is so cute that she would take Tanny with her! Glad you are "trying" to take it easy! :) Ummm....is December ever easy?
You are a smart woman! I've tried to make December less crazy this year and it's been better. Not totally stress free but better.
I am in LOVE with those curls!! Where did you purchase them??? I looked on Amazon. Abree's hair will NOT hold a curl for even five minutes!
Darling curls, box, and kids! Your a great mom Rochelle. Keep up the good work!
cool curls! love all the pics!
Post a Comment