Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Vacuum Saga


This kind of luck NEVER finds me, so I have to share. Let's start with what we know about me: I'm a clean FREAK! I've got three busy kiddos, a hubby that REFUSES to remove his shoes when he comes home, and an 83 lb shedding labrador/newfie mix. So, I'm a vacuum fanatic. I LOVE to make lines in the carpet and dumping the dirt out when I'm done. Crazy, I know, but its become so much a part of my day, that if I don't vacuum, I feel like I didn't get anything done.
When we moved into this house (August '09), I bought a Bissell Powergroom Pet vacuum for $130 at Wally world. When I checked out, I also purchased the extended warranty (which I figured was a good deal at $10 since I burn vacuums up within 6 months or so). Fast forward 8 months later (April '10). I had succeeded in burning up the vacuum. The motor was giving out. I called Bissell and they replaced it via their warranty. I was pretty happy at having two vacuums for the "price" of one. Fast forward 8 more months later (Dec '10) and yet again I'm burning up a vacuum. I called bissell and they said that the warranty was only good on the "original purchase". I said, "well, what about this extended warranty I bought through Walmart?" They told me that Walmart's warranty would apply, but I had to contact Walmart for info on it. So, I did! Walmart had me call their warranty replacement center, which loaded a Walmart gift card for me with the purchase price plus tax. WOO HOO!! I now have a new vacuum (with another $10 warranty, in case you're wondering). I'm soo happpy! I literally got 3 vacuums for my original purchase price of $130 plus tax and $10 extended warranty. I hope this new $10 warranty covers at least two more vacuums. I found a LOOPHOLE!!!!!!!! Imagine the clean freak replacing her vacuum every 8 months for only $10. Now, THAT is a happy thought!

1 comments:

lexid said...

This post makes me laugh! I know how excited you must be about this loop hole!