Mr. Happy Go Lucky! How can you not love him?
Lulu LOVES Tangled! That pretty much sums up her birthday!
One of my MANY projects for the month of March. Two weddings, birthdays, and just plain craziness. Good thing I had crafts to release stress.
The 2011 Pinewood derby car. It looks faster than it really is. :)
I sure am having a rough time blogging lately. Its so lame to admit, but I have been losing interest since no one really comments anymore. Its weird, but I think if no one comments, then no one cares. If no one cares, why bother, right? Well, I need to realize that journaling does matter, regardless of if anyone is reading it or not. So, back to journaling...or attempting to journal...
This is what is going on with us/me lately.
Me..YES I'm posting about myself first (for once). I'm HAPPY!!!!! I seriously, seriously am so happy with my life right now. I've got an adorably great hubby,great kids, great siblings, great parents, great in-laws (yep, you read that right!), great friends, great EVERYTHING!! I'm not so sure if I've ever been this content before in my life. Strange huh? It took me 32 years to get content? I guess I'm just blessed to have so many trials that make me look for the good in my life. Since I tend to be a pessimist at times, I think the Lord wants to test me so I make sure to notice the good things. :) That's a good thing...we all know I'm not a weakling! :) (strong is one word I LOVE to describe myself as)
Anyway, I'm grateful, lucky, happy, and content. My back has mostly healed and I'm trying to get back into the swing of being physically active again. It was kinda nice to lounge around in my pjs all day. But, now I've got to get busy.
I have been following a blog called All Things Thrifty. The blogger lives here in St. G and repaints furniture. Well, I've gotten the "redo bug" and now I'm going to paint my kitchen table black and recover the seats with black and white fabric. I also have a few other ideas up my sleeve...but that'll be a later post. Decisions, Decisions
Ok, onto the rest of family.
Justin: my awesome man really has been busy traveling, but in his off time, he sure has been spoiling me rotten. I had the best birthday ever thanks to him!
Jayden: My oldest guy wants to quit gymnastics. I'm torn if I should let him quit or not. I don't' want to raise a "quitter" but at the same time, he has been at it a year and maybe its time to try other things. He's in piano lessons and soccer goes for another month, so maybe he's just too busy. Also, I gotta say Jayden has made so many improvements! Improvements at home, school, church, everything! I love Daytrana! I'll give anyone and everyone that recommendation for ADHD! On a side note, my little explorer caught 15 LARGE tadpoles yesterday. Oh, and this year our pinewood derby car was a flop. Oh well, it was fun to build.
Alyssa: My princess is 6! Can you believe? It seems like yesterday I was taking Ariel, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Belle to the grocery store. Now her "thing" is Tangled! She pretends she's Rapunzel all the time. Alyssa is in Piano and soccer as well, but now she might want to quit dancing. Again, I'm torn! What to do?
Tannon: My little clown hasn't been having many play dates due to another mom having a newborn. Its actually been a welcome break for me. I love our "alone time" together while the other two are at school. He makes me laugh so hard! Everyday he says something funny. The other day I told him we needed to clean the house before visitors showed up. He said, "Mom, your house is clean! I CHECKED!"
Well, that's pretty much all of our recent stuff. We're HAPPY!
Our Favorite Solar Outdoor Lighting {Both Fun and Functional!}
-
My favorite outdoor solar lights for a beautiful (and safe) backyard!
These solar lights work just as well as our wired landscape lighting, and
come in som...
2 days ago
5 comments:
Rochelle,
I love reading you blog! I don't comment often because I don't have a blog site and they don't make it the easiest to leave a comment.
I am so glad you are happy! Life is full of experiences, good and bad. All we can do is put one foot in front of the other and chisel our path!
Your kids are very cute. I love seeing them grow and reading the funny things they say.
Keep up the great work!
Hey Rochelle! I'm still reading. Just don't have a lot of time to comment most days.
As for dance and gymnastics, we ran into similar issues. My philosophy is to have them complete the term or semester they're in to fulfill their commitment to the program. After that they are welcome to choose something else or quit all together. I think kids can feel overwhelmed with too much activity sometimes and not even know it. Follow your heart. It knows what to do! You're a great mommy!
I feel the same way about my blog but I think a lot of people read and just don't feel like commenting. Sometimes I click to read a blog and when I'm about to comment I have to get a kid from a nap, get a drink or snack or go pee! ;) I'm glad you're so happy, that is wonderful. Ben's nephew didn't care for gymnastics either and his mom couldn't wait for it to stop b/c she felt like it was a waste of $$ b/c he wouldn't do anything each time he went. At least he tried and knows it's not for him?
i don't mean to not comment. i always read your blog... and always think of comments to say... but, it used to be that i was never logged in to comment, that i just quick read your blog... now that i actually have a computer at home, i should be able to log into blogger, write on my own blog... and comment on everyone elses... so don't give up... keep blogging. p.s. i want to know how you made your sign (shirley)....
loves!
~K~
I care. Keep blogging. I love your blog. I just stink at commenting.
Post a Comment