Saturday, April 9, 2011

Projects

Renting is WEIRD for me! I still haven't figured out how to decorate very cute if I can't paint walls and upgrade the house. Course, we all know I'm challenged in the decor department anyways. I've got like 10 styles I'm trying to follow so my house always looks so, what's the word, hodge podge? Anyway, I mentioned before that I've been following allthingsthrifty.com. The girl is sooo talented and really redoes furniture for cheap. So, I got a few ideas, some primer spray paint (you read that right, SPRAY PAINT) and some great colors.
First of all I tackled these lamps that we've had since day one of our marriage. They were given to us by my inlaws. Can you say GOLD?!!!! Yep, and I've had them gold for 10 yrs now. I pulled them outside in the 80 degree weather :) and started spraying primer. Then, I sprayed them "Krylon Nickle". I LOVE the change!

Can you say PRIMER GRAY? Yeah, I had a friend with a truck that color once...ah, the memories! Ok, back to this posting!

Oh, and yes my grass looks crappy...I wanted to mow AFTER I put spray paint all over the grass. Have to keep my yard kinda nice. And check out my poochie! He LOVES 80 degrees as much as I DO! :)



Then there's my coffee table. Also given to me by my inlaws 10 yrs ago. I love it, but my kids have scratched it so bad. This is the BEFORE picture!

I decided to paint it to match my living room furniture. Well, it doesn't match exactly, but I LOVE IT! I still need to distress it and put a sealer on it, but its in the house until I get it going. So this is the AFTER picture for now. In the frame is easter subway art...a FREE printout available at Sistersstuff.blogspot. Ya can't see it well...but trust me, its CUTE!!




Then there are these name signs that I did for my sister in laws for wedding gifts. I bought MDF at Home Depot and had the neighbor cut and router them for me. I painted them black. Then, the white is beadboard that I also had the neighbor cut for me. I just wood glued the beadboard to the MDF. I gave the beadboard some dimension by writing in the lines with black sharpy. Then I attached the tin with UPHOLSTERY nails. Yup...Upholstery nails. The vinyl was done by my wonderful sister's cricut! She layered it for me..white upon the black for the est. date. Cute huh? Why do I always do the cutest stuff for other people? Shoulda made myself one! :) I guess there's my next project!

4 comments:

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

love it! great projects! I never complete anything. I get the basics done around the house and don't really go above and beyond. Very rarely. :) I kinda wish we did crafts at church still or I wish our ward had a craft group and got together once a month to do something. hey maybe I should start it but I'm not crafty... hmmm! totally want that board though to say Hunsaker!

Keeley said...

very cute projects. i still follow your blog!!! i just read it during nap time when i am supposed to be working, so I skip the commenting :(

lexid said...

Love your craftiness. :-) Keep it coming! I haven't been doing very fun things lately b/c I am knee deep in a 1930's paper doll project but I have some ideas brewing and primer waiting.

Lacie said...

I love what you have done with your Furniture. A little paint can change things so much. I have been painting Baileys bedroom furniture from white to black. Looks like we are on the same page. :)