Friday, April 22, 2011

Announcing a New Addition to the Allen Household

Well, we've put off announcing this for a while. We really wanted to be sure we were ready to share the news. After a lot of thought and consideration, we decided our family wasn't big enough and there was something missing. I have to say, I'm at peace with the decision even though in the past I haven't been convinced it was for us to add to our family.
So, without further ado:








































We bought LuLu a hamster for Easter! His name is Marbles! Why, what were you thinkin'?

Since Mack and Jayden are tight and Tanny has a betta fish named 'Nemo lightning Mcqueen', Lulu wanted something of her own to take care of.

She begged and begged for a hamster.

And of course, her pet lovin' mom pushed daddy's buttons till he gave in. :)

Here he is! All 2" of him! My crappy camera makes his coloring different. He's light tan and white!

Who's more excited? Lulu and Tanny? or Mom? I think I'm the most excited. I've wanted a hamster since I was a kid but my parents said, "No indoor animals, the whole farm lives OUTSIDE." Live vicariously through your kids! Does that make me a bad mom? Or do I get mom points for cleaning up after yet another thing?

Isn't he cute? He's a Roborovski Hamster. He's a baby and not even a month old! Love his cheeks!
And his eyes are brown...stinkin' red eyes that I can't edit out! We just LOVE him!

THIS mighty beast is Jaydog's Easter present! A real, quality, 'shoot your eye out' BB gun!

I'd say he's a pretty excited kid to FINALLY get a real gun...his airsoft pistol was just not close enough to the real thing.


And that concludes our "Easter Prequel"!

2 comments:

kimber said...

Ha Ha, funny!! How fun though! Tyler would absolutely LOVE a hamster, I don't know if I could do it though. Your a good mom!

Lacie said...

Funny! You almost had me. Hamsters are fun I had one when I was a teenager. I liked to put it in the ball and watch it move around the house.