Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Piano Recital and Uncle Brett is OLD

Jayden and Alyssa have been taking piano lessons since February. They weren't asking to play or anything, I just thought that since I played as a kid, I should give my kids the same opportunity. Playing piano is something I definitely had a love/hate relationship with. I HATED to practice (like any normal kid) and still do , but I LOVED playing well and being able to learn fun new pieces. My dad always said, "Sounds good, sweetheart." (even when I sounded AWFUL!) And that definitely helped me keep going. I'm hoping the kids stay in piano for a while or at least until they can play the hymns. :) So, with my "force" of lessons comes the joy of piano recitals. It was just a small get together on Saturday to show how far the kids have come in 4 months. For journaling purposes, Jayden played "Yankee Doodle" and Alyssa played "Betty and Bill" and "Old McDonald". It was so cute to see them get all nervous.




Today, Alyssa had a rough day. She had 3 cavities that needed to be filled and her mean mom wouldn't let them use anesthesia to knock her out. I insisted they use nitrous oxide and tough it out. Lulu and I had a long talk before the appointment and she promised to be good. (she usually squirms and cries non stop at the dentist) And LOW AND BEHOLD!!!! The girl was AN ANGEL!!! NOT ONE PEEP!!! We did all 3 cavities and were done in under an hour! It was bliss! I was able to get home and plan our dinner party with Uncle Brett and his friend Katie.
Brett and his good friend Katie have birthdays only two days apart, so I made them some fabulous BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, and a Better than $%# cake. Then we played barbies and had a Nerf gun fight! Just what two 20 somethings wanna do for their birthday, play with TOYS!


1 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks so much for our birthday party! I had a BLAST playing with those toys!! You are awesome and I just love your family to pieces!!