Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Another Vacation: Vernal/Flaming Gorge/Idaho/Yellowstone

















My cute sister Andrea had her little baby Kasen blessed on July 3rd. We decided that Vernal is a super fun place to visit, so we went! The Cooks rented rafts for saturday and everyone that was capable, went white water rafting. Jayden, Justin, my dad, and I went. While Alyssa, Tannon, and Grandma stayed at Andrea's.
The river was so fast and full of water, that the usual 3 hr float trip was over in an hour and a half. It was tons of fun and included lots of water fights. The water was cold, but even I eventually got used to it.
We did fireworks for the kiddos at her house...just little ones. Then we hit the parade and fireworks on Monday. It was fun and busy. Poor Andrea probably got so worn out with all the company and a new baby to boot.
From Vernal, we went to Idaho. Tannon, Alyssa, and I stayed at
my parents house, while Justin and Jayden went on their yearly Yellowstone trip. The boys rode 4 wheelers, fished, and camped. Jayden caught an 8 lb lake trout his second cast out!(pictures to come soon) I don't get a lot of details about the Yellowstone trip, as its BOYS ONLY, but they did have a good time and got plenty dirty. Back in Shelley, my parents were running out of "farm cats" so I took the liberty of picking them up some kittens. :) The cousins had a blast being kitty caretakers and playing together. After all the good times, we managed to make it home safe and sound sunday evening. It feels like we haven't even BEEN at home this summer....

3 comments:

Brenton and Andrea said...

I wasn't tired at all! Glad you guys could make it! Could I get those rafting pics from you? Looks like they had a blast in Yellowstone!

lexid said...

Summer what is that? We are already back to school! Have some more fun for the Daniel clan.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

fun times! I love that they have yearly trips. I hope we will make traditions like that too. I don't even know what farm cats are! Just to hang out and eat mice or something?