We SURVIVED all the many celebrations this year. I didn’t think we were going to…Halloween seemed to last for 10 days. Dance Halloween party, preschool party, ward trunk or treat, 1st grade party, and 4th grade party…that’s a lot of parties for a mom that gets roped into helping with each one. Actually, it was my OCD acting up again. I offered to help, then felt an instant pang of regret, knowing I’d taken on too much again. When will I learn? Yup, never!
I didn’t get pictures of Tannon’s preschool party. I did make 25 mummies for it, burning my fingers over and over with that insane hot glue stuff. Seriously, who thought to make glue hot? And how can I get revenge? The kiddos were sooo cute! Tannon dressed as Buzz Lightyear, but sure had a tantrum if we called him “buzz”.
Our ward trunk or treat was fun, but seemed to have been hit by the recession. Not that I’m complainin’….just less candy to throw away later, but it was kinda sad that numbers were down cuz the weather was AWESOME!!! 70 plus degrees? Yeah, that’s how I roll!
Then school had their own parties in the classroom after a parade around the track. Meaning I had another 50 mummies to hand out at that celebration. Yeah, I’m taking next year off.
For the actual Halloween night, we hit up Sugar Leo Drive, as usual. We love their haunted houses and the fact that they hand out full size candy bars! I wish we would have gotten more pictures, but that underwater camera just isn’t my fav…unless I’m underwater, of course.
A cute little witch!
Darth Vader (who insisted on a RED lightsaber…cuz heaven forbid we use a BLUE lightsaber)
Buzz Lightyear
The witch BEFORE the parade. I decided carrying 50 mummies into school safely was more important than redoing her makeup again. Plus, she’s cuter without makeup!
During the parade. Jayden moved to fast for me and all his pictures blurred. He let Tannon walk around with him, so I’m sad that the picture didn’t turn out.
I ended up washing the buzz costume, so Tanny wanted to be superman for our trick or treating expedition. Jayden avoided the camera, like usual.
4 comments:
cute kids! the last pic of Tannon is funny, looks like his head is placed on the costume or something. you're super mom!
Um, Darth Vader can NOT have just any color lightsaber. It HAS to be red. How could you think otherwise. ;)
They look so cute! Love that witch costume!
I agree, just getting your kids all dressed up and ready that many times is a lot of work.
I wanted to see pictures of your mummies you made!
Post a Comment