Our neighbors gave us this little mission style desk. It was light oak in color and just, ya know, blah. Well, our little artist, Alyssa, loved it so much I decided that a facelift was in order. I spray painted it white with Krylon Dual (primer and paint in 1 can). It was awesome..except for I actually found myself missing that wonderful primer grey that reminds me of growing up in Idaho.
Then, I so elegantly dropped the pull out drawer onto the dead grass WHILE it was still wet.. Yeah, I’m graceful like that. So, I’ve got to sand it down, and repaint it.
But, moving on…. I decided to do something fun! I told Justin that it’d be a good idea to do stripes to match her room. So, my cute hubby (who is obsessed with the DIY network, oddly enough) helped me measure and tape off some lines.
Then I painted the ENTIRE top (yes, OVER the tape) black. I just used acrylic paint, cuz I had it on hand. I just used the basic foam brush and tried to use straight strokes. Then, we waited for it to set just a bit. We pulled the tape off BEFORE the black could dry all the way. And THIS:
is the end result! I’m totally LOVING how well it turned out. I’ve got some touch up to do around the edges, but nothing too serious. Oh, and I sprayed it with Matte finish afterward just to help protect it. Lulu loves it, and I’m digging that its got a gorgeous new look! What do you think? Now, I need some help finding a cute chair to go with it!
2 comments:
DANG cute! I love it! Maybe I need you here to do some re-doing around my house. :)
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة شحن من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة تركيب طارد وشبك الحمام
شركة تركيب شبك حمام بالرياض
فنى نجار بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالدمام
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بالرياض
Post a Comment