This last few weeks have been so frustrating for me! Painful sciatica once again reared its ugly head and of course it had to be 10 times worse than ever before. I was hunched over at a 90 degree angle and unable to walk without limping. Nice huh? So, I went to see a chiropractor that does xrays (yeah, like the 8th chiropractor I’ve seen here..grrr!) Anyway, we found that I’ve got an extra lumbar vertebrae and a herniated disk between L5 and L6 (see I’ve got an L6). Anyways, my spine has no curve and that’s helping to pinch the disk between those two. So, if we can get a curve to my spine, hopefully I’ll be healed because that will allow room for the disk. BIG FREAKIN HOPEFULLY!! And it comes with a hefty price tag too. So much for being out of debt.. So, as you can see my mood hasn’t been the best. It feels like buyers remorse mixed with physical CONSTANT pain! A bullet sounded really good about a week ago.
However, after a few treatments with this guy, I am seeing a difference. I’m not crippled and I can ALMOST walk without a limp. WOO HOO!! Cuz, I’ve got a busy life and I really HATE to be down. Nothing irritates me more than not being able to take care of my family,not being involved, and not being active!
These pictures were on my phone. Just random ones taken here and there. My kids sure are cute and they’ve been trying to help me be in a good mood despite the pain and frustration of giant medical bills.
Tannon is always chillin with me in the van.
And he likes to take silly pictures with my phone!
When its cold sometimes this is his outfit. Jeans, t shirt, buzz costume, shoes, and a lightning Mcqueen coat. Gotta love this age!
Alyssa dressed as a 100 yr old lady for the 100 days of school. This was forever ago, I’m barely downloading this picture.
Before my back was bad, Tannon and I went to ride my horse 2 or 3 times a week. We LOVE Bella! His job is to “cool her down” after I get her all sweaty going over jumps and whatnot.
After my back issues resurfaced, this is how I entertained a 4 yr old all day long. A fort with a dog while watching TV! Who could ask for more?
This is how the housework is getting done. (My OCD has been severely effected) I love that he’s trying to help me out.
Jaydog gets pretty silly at nighttime! We’ve been letting him stay up an hour past his siblings to get some mom and dad time. It’s a riot! The best is when he tries to teach me a game on his IPOD then gets frustrated with me, takes it away and does it himself. (talk about making me feel old)
And, last but not least, Dr. Suess Week at school. I made my kiddos buy their own Cat in the Hat hats with their toothfairy and allowance money. They LOVED it! Yes, Lulu’s hair is orange. It was also crazy hair, crazy clothes, crazy sock, and everything day. (way to lump that together Coral Canyon! Thank you from the mommies that go insane trying to keep up with what “day” it is! )
OH, one more thing to update on: I made up my mind! Tannon is NOT going to Kindergarten next year. (he would be really young) He can get free preschool for his speech delay at Coral Canyon Elementary two days a week. Then I can keep him at Wee Wonders for MWF classes. That will give him 5 days of school a week and the same hours as Kindergarten, but he’ll get to continue speech services and move more at his own pace. And lets say he matures really quick all the sudden…his teacher at Wee Wonders has a phenomenal reading program.
1 comments:
cute pics. bummer you're in so much pain. the sciatic nerve is in your glutes though and caused usually when the piraformis muscle is pinching it. so, you really need your ass worked on. :) you have what is called TAS (tight ass syndrome) so, if it's really sciatica, stretch your glutes, put a tennis ball under them and work out the tightness.
Post a Comment