I’m posting this to the blog first to gain courage for posting these to Facebook.
k- background. I’ve always been pretty active and never had a real problem with my weight. Even with my pregnancies I lost the weight fairly quickly (extremely quickly with Jayden) Then cue HERNIATED DISK!!! All the sudden I could barely walk across the kitchen, let alone run, ride, workout, walk… After almost two years of struggling back and forth with the pain, I found my PHENOMENAL chiropractor and we fixed my spine. In the meantime though, I had the worst self esteem EVER. I’d managed to pack on an extra 20 lbs. (a pound for every month I was down pretty much).
I cried about it pretty often and Justin was like, “you need to eat differently”. Ok, TALL SKINNY hubby that works out by lifting a burger to his face….
Well, long story short, I heard about a program that helped people to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF!!!! Its called Take Shape for Life which is a coaching program using Medifast foods. I talked Justin into letting me do it (even though its not exactly free) and here are the results:
BEFORE:
This is me on Memorial Weekend (4 wheeling when I shouldn’t have been). My clothes are tight and even though I’m smiling, I’m thinking “good CRAP, I’m FAT”!!! (for the record, I’m 5’4 and 152 lbs in this picture, my heaviest EVER without a baby in my belly)
OH MY GOODNESS!!! A FAT chick in a bikini on our cruise! I weighed 148 lbs in this picture. I knew I looked crappy, but we were laying out and I just had to wear that skimpy suit (dumb idea)… Anyway, I was pretty self conscious about my weight in this picture…
AND AFTER:
This picture was taken TODAY!!!! I’m 5’4 and 124 lbs!!! YES!!! I have lost ALMOST 30 lbs!!!!!! 28 lbs!!! I didn’t think I had more than 20 to lose, but according to a BMI chart, this is about where I should be! I haven’t weighed this since HIGH SCHOOL…if not JR. HIGH!!! And those capris? They’re a size FOUR!!! I can’t lift weights, so I’m not super toned, but I LOVE the way I LOOK!!!!!! And even though I no longer have much in the chest area, Justin is pretty much in love with it too. Who can beat a female who LOVES how she looks?
THANK YOU MEDIFAST!!!! And I’m keeping it off by becoming a health coach now too! Its easy! Eat 6 times a day, 5 of those times being the food they send you and then a “lean and green meal”. I can’t wait to share this program with people that want to lose weight!!!!! I just want to pay it forward, because I remember being so self conscious and not having the power to do anything about my weight (couldn’t work out). I really didn’t work out too much during this program. Maybe a spin class here and there, but mostly walking the dog a few minutes a day was all I was able to do.
Anyway, that is my long (and semi embarrassing story) of my herniated disk/weight gain!
3 comments:
Sold! Now how can I do it for free?! You look amazing. Way to go!
Way to go! You look awesome!
WOW! That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. I wish your chiropractor lived here. Dave has a herniated disk and has tried a number of things/doctors and no one can seem to fix it:(..... but so fun for you, you look amazing!!
Post a Comment