Sunday, November 11, 2012

Halloween, Canyoneering, and Soccer

I hate playing catch up! But, we’ve been busy, so here goes:

IMG_20121031_091807

Tannon was Indiana Jones for Halloween. I drew on a beard and chest hair with my eyeliner. He LOVED it!

20121031_110509

This is Tannon’s friend Trent. They both go to Wee Wonders and this picture was taken during their preschool Halloween party.

20121031_134817

Alyssa was Clawdeen Wolf from Monster High. She LOVES that wig! She had a party in her classroom after the annual Halloween Parade that takes place on the field at Coral Canyon Elementary.

20121031_130346

Before the Parade, Dallin and Jayden had a school store.  I love how Dallin is manning the store so that Jayden can go shop at other kid’s stores.  Anyway, they sold Halloween goodies, face painting, and Halloween music on CD. THEN, they headed to the field for the parade.

IMG_20121030_203213

And here is my Clay Mathews! He’s so cute!

20121031_141643

This is Tannon and Guy during the Halloween Parade.  After the school store, but before the parade, I was so busy getting Alyssa ready that Tannon wandered off and lost me. So, during the parade he wanted to walk with his kindergarten friends, but wouldn’t let me leave him.

THEN, I don’t have pictures, but I helped with Jayden’s classroom party. I was in charge of making slime and blowing up balloons with vinegar and baking soda. The kids LOVED it!

After all the school parties, I was tired, but we still needed to hit up our Tri-Ward trunk or treat. And of course, we can’t leave Sugar Leo Drive untouched! So, we loaded our kids up at the trunk or treat and then took our friends with us across town for some real trick or treating! Jayden and Braden Franck were obsessed with this one haunted house. If kids made it up through the scary sidewalk, there were full sized candy bars being given out.  The boys hit that house 5 times, freaking out every single time. Smile 

And that concludes Halloween!

Canyoneering! Our neighbor, Jeff Erickson is an experienced canyoneer and has been trying to get me to go for a while. I’ve always been busy with my kids or hurting with back pain. But finally, my back was healed and I had a saturday open to go. We did Spry Canyon in Zions. IT.WAS.AWESOME!!!!!

canyoneering 001

canyoneering 003

canyoneering 004

Me n my guide!

canyoneering 015

This is Jeff given Helen a shoulder ride across the water. Helen and I didn’t want to put on wetsuits and get cold. We’re babies like that! But, it IS NOVEMBER PEOPLE!!!  I guess I don’t have pictures of me on this laptop. Jeff uploaded them to FB though.  We hiked STEEP uphill, then went through all sorts of canyons and rappelled 12 times, then we hiked down. The hike down was hard on my back. We literally were jumping from boulder to boulder going steep downhill. I thought I was going to be hurting, but an epsom salt bath and a massage from my hubby and I was back to normal.  I’m so thankful that I’ve been given a new lease on life with my spine! I’m not used to laying around!

Ok, NOW for Soccer! Jayden has been in soccer since school started back up.  His league is very competitive and tough. 

20121110_132222

All of his games have been played at Staheli farms. They did a pumpkin patch, and Jayden thought it would be cool to smash the leftover pumpkins.

20121110_150735 (1)

This is the Southern Utah Real 11 yr old boys team.  They’re trying to pretend they aren’t cold, but it was bitterly cold yesterday! So, we ran to the car after this to warm up. Then we met up with our friends the Paramores for Wreck-it Ralph.  That is such a cute movie!

And I believe that updates this blog until Jayden’s birthday! Let’s hope!

0 comments: